In the meantime, as requested I am going to share one of my favourite healthy snack recipes! I hope you enjoy.
1 large bunch of washed and dried curly-leaf kale (I have found that it also works well with purple kale)
2 tables spoons olive oil (I use a good quality extra-virgin olive oil)
3 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast (otherwise known as Brewer's Yeast-it is healthy and delicious)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rip your kale into small pieces about the size of chips or slightly bigger. This isn't set in stone, so if you want to make your pieces bigger- go for it!
- Put your kale into a large mixing bowl, toss in the olive oil, salt, and yeast. Stir until coated evenly. (This is where I personally always add more yeast, because I love it so much.)
- Spread your kale chips onto a cookie sheet- MOST IMPORTANT STEP- in a single layer. If you layer them up they will not go crispy. It means more batches but it is worth it.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes as a guideline.
- I have found that sometimes closer to 20 minutes is needed and sometimes only 10. The trick is to keep an eye on them and when they are just starting to brown, pull them out and let them sit for a couple of minutes. You can then touch them and they will either feel soggy (back into the oven) or nice and crispy (DONE)
- When they are done, allow them to fully cool and then store them in an airtight container or slide lock plastic bag at room temperature. DO NOT REFRIGERATE THEM. It ruins them completely.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Comment below on any other kale recipes or uses you would like to see me talk about!